Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My mom's apron



For my mom's birthday she asked me to make her an apron. Sounded pretty simple the only problem was I had no pattern and not sewn in years. So I thought well I can do it. I had no ideas of what I wanted to do and my mom kept saying "have you seen the ones that they have in the mall, I want one like that" Well I hadn't been to the mall forever. So i just decided to go on line and get an idea of one that I like. I found one and just winged it. I didn't have a pattern so I hope it works. The week after I made it I went to the mall and saw just what my mom was talking about and wouldn't you know my apron I had made for her looked just the same as the ones in the mall. I hope she likes it. Happy Birthday mom!

9 comments:

Nicholas and Brittani said...

way to go Bre! You should make them and sell them. I would buy one!

Jason and Noelle Jones said...

You need to come down so we can do more crafts, we should go through the recipes and make a cute little book with the cricut! or something else!

Ben and Taryn said...

Totally cute! I really want a cute apron but haven't found the time or bravery to make one. Way to go!

Roy 31st Young Women said...

Way to go Martha!!! You're a rockstar making that without a pattern. It turned out so cute.

Julie M. said...

Seriously, you rock! That's totally cute and I would buy one! :)

Yvonne said...

look at that natural talent! Dosen't surprise me you didn't use a pattern. When ever you sewed in high school you just pulled it out of thin air. I think she'll love it!

vickie said...

BreAna, Baby,
I love it sooooo much! It means alot to me that you worked so hard. You always had the determination to do anything you put your mind to....always with creativity...always kind! I will treasure this gift fondly forever! I Love You, Mom

P.D. Gourlais said...

Oh my gosh Bre! You are SO TALENTED! You could make aprons for MEN AND WOMEN. You know people who really appreciate the culinary arts and who would love a customized apron! Put me on the list! You know I love to cook and I will buy one from ya!

Love,
Me

Mindy said...

I had no idea you were so talented with sewing!! You're amazing, Bre! P.s. I am happy you finally have a picture of you on here after awhile (in the airplane with Linc). :) Gorgeous! :)